Monday, August 13, 2007

Bottega Veneta-Fall 2007

The Bottega Veneta fall collection was all about simplicity and detail. Unfortunately, most of the pieces didn't really stun me, and instead I was left with a feeling like I was missing something. Maybe I don't yet have an appreciation for the clothes construction...but I sure as hell loved the accessories. Tomas Maler was made to work with animal skins.
Here are my favorites:

This reminds me of the Marc Jacobs collection...

I love this dress...it's like a sophisticated flapper dress.

This is the only piece in the entire collection that I looked at and though, "Wow, that's gorgeous..."

The illusion of nudity is interesting, yet elegant. This dress is quite genius in terms of the build and color blocking.


These sandles are gorgeous...

Look at this bag...the colors are exquisite.

Maybe it just takes time to appreciate Bottega Veneta, kind of like Marc Jacobs. They're both an acquired taste.

3 comments:

WendyB said...

I went to that show and when the nude-look dress came out, all the photographers gasped.

discothequechic said...

Everyone loves a bit of skirt suit, non?

dulcegal said...

Love so much your title picture!!! :)